Introduction to Fire Patrol
Approximate lesson time: 4-hours
This stand-alone course introduces the student to essential fire patrol techniques and provides a basic understanding of fire chemistry, fire hazards, life safety, and various fire protection systems.
Knowledge of fire protection is critical, but often overlooked in training programs for security professionals. Although security topics such as access control, intrusion alarm response, trespassers, crime and terrorism prevention, patrol, and powers of arrest are emphasized in security training, fire safety and fire related life safety are as equally important responsibilities for security guards. In fact, fires, and other fire related emergencies, such as evacuations, are more likely to cause injury or death to personnel and major damage to property than most security related incidents.
Security staff that can contribute to a fire safe facility are infinitely more valuable and desirable to clients and property owners than security personnel who are only aware of security specific duties. This is true whether a uniformed security guard protecting a property such as an office building or factory, or a VIP protection detail ensuring the safety of a principle in a variety of settings.
- Understand fire safety
- Understand the three elements necessary for fire
- Recognize common fire safety hazards
- Safely take action in the event of a fire
- Understand fire life-safety
- Understand various fire protection systems
- Complete the Introduction to Fire Patrol Final Examination with a 100% score in accordance with regulations.
- Fire Chemistry
- Fire Hazards
- Fire Prevention
- Fire Protection Systems
- Fire-Safety Emergency Plans
- Fire Emergency Response
- Fire Patrol/Fire Inspection Checklist
The digital download package includes the following items:
- Final Examination and Answer Key*
- Complete instructor presentations
- Digital files will be made available for immediate download after purchase.
- NOTE: Digital training materials are subject to our Licensing Agreement.
|Introduction to Fire Patrol Student Workbook||$14.99|
For more information on our licensing programs, please contact: